African Dental Education Association
The mission of the African Dental Education Association is to promote advancement in dental education, training and research with the ultimate objective of improving oral and general health, especially in the African region.
Aim and Objectives
The aim of the Association is to serve as a forum for the initiation and dissemination of ideas in the field of dental education, training and research, and foster communication among dental educators in Africa and other parts of the world.
The objectives of the association are to:
- Promote the advancement of dental education.
- Provide an organized, unified, and informed forum for the determination of African and international policies in dental education.
- Promote, co-ordinate and monitor quality assurance in dental education and training in Africa.
- Promote the exchange of staff, students and programmes among dental education institutions in Africa.
- Stimulate, encourage and facilitate cooperative effort and mutual assistance among dental educators in Africa.
- Stimulate the production, exchange and dissemination of ideas and information among dental educators, educators of other health care professions, and educators in the community of higher education.
- Establish and maintain liaison with appropriate governmental and non-governmental agencies that may further the development, support and improvement of dental education, research and service.
- Provide necessary African link with other regional and multinational organisations concerned with dental education.